We’re transitioning certain features about the HSA funding to align our plan with best practices in the industry and help ensure we can continue making firm contributions to your HSAs.
Don’t worry; the firm will continue providing annual HSA contributions for home office associates and client support team members. Here is what’s changing:
- Regardless of your annual HSA contribution election, the firm will provide HSA contributions in the amount of $500 for individual coverage and $1,000 for family coverage.
- More good news! The firm will contribute to your HSA twice in a calendar year — 50% of the firm contribution in February and the other 50% in August. This provides you access to the firm’s contributions early in the year.
If eligible*, the firm will deposit the contributions into your account based on the following schedule:
- The first half in February based on eligibility and coverage as of January 1
- The second half in August based on eligibility and coverage as of June 30
You must be enrolled in the Edward Jones medical plan as of January 1 for the February contribution, or as of June 30 for the August contribution.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive HSA firm contributions:
- Must be employed by the firm when the firm contribution is made;
- Must be enrolled in an Edward Jones HSA-eligible medical plan; and
- Must have an open HSA account with Health Equity at the time the firm contribution is made.
Edward Jones will allow you an advancement of only your HSA annual contribution election in 2024, and beginning in 2025, we will discontinue this advancement feature.
*Principals and financial advisors are not eligible for the firm contribution.